Hello Quilt Buddies!
Michelle Sheler here. So, what do you think of our brand spankin’ new website? Pretty spiffy huh? I think so, *she says humbly*. If you’re not familiar with what goes into a website, let me tell you, it’s a LOT of work. There is tons of information that has to be gleaned from all sorts of sources. That information then has to find it’s own perfect place to live and then, it has to be functional, and then it has to look good. There are lots and lots of steps and it takes time for it to be just right.
We are still in the very beginning stages of the new site. The longer it lives on the internet and the more folks use it, the more it will evolve. With that said, if you see anything that doesn’t look quite right, doesn’t read well, or something you’d like to see added… please don’t hesitate to reach out. There is no guarantee that I can accomplish it all but I’ll sure give it a try. Also, if something feels “clumsy” to you, or you wish an item of information were somewhere else, etc. let me know.
Here some tips and information to keep in mind whilst perusing our new website:
- We have not implemented online workshop registrations… yet. In order to ensure those features work in the best possible way, we need a little more time to get that part going. I’m hoping to get to it soon after the first of the year.
- When looking at the Upcoming Events calendar, make sure to click on the highlighted text for more detailed information. You may also click on the link that says “View All (#) Events>>” and that will give you a list of events for that day.
- Check back to the calendar often. We will try and keep it as up-to-date as possible. New things will be added continually.
- The “Patch of News” Newsletter password is the same as the old site. I’m sure as members you “know” what that is. *wink, wink* Also, all of the 2017 issues are up. I’m working on 2016 and 2015.
- Most of the information you’ll need about our guilds activites: Neonatal, Santa Claus Girls, Current Projects, etc., you will find on the “Guild Activities” page. I will try to highlight the really important information at the top of the page in the image slider. Click on the left or right arrows to scroll through the images. If you hover over an image with the mouse pointer, the slider will stop so you can read the information.
That’s about it for now. Thanks, in advance, for your patience during this ginormous project.